Thursday, January 31, 2013

I Root My Phone and Tablet

Ah, heck.

It's been a month since I posted anything.  I've done things, but haven't said how. I wrote posts, but I can't find 'em.  I'll put up placeholders.

One thing I did was to root my phone and tablet. It was fun. The phone's unlocked to start out with, which means I'm not risking the half-million dollar fine that the Obama administration threatens for rooting a smartphone by myself.

"Freedom? That is Yang worship word!"

Even with that step done, that's just the carrier-lock gone, but not changed to provide root access. Somewhere, I have files describing the process. Ah well.

Now, when my phone and tablet come up, they displays a little "unlocked" padlock icon at the botom as they're booting.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment